Our Mission is to
IMPACT CHILDREN FOR A LIFETIME WITH JESUS
Your child is a beautiful gift from God and we are here to care for and love your baby or toddler. We also are excited to help introduce your child to their Creator through play, songs, stories, and prayer time.
Our nursery is for babies and toddlers from 6 months – 2 years old. Check-in begins 30 minutes before services start and closes 15 minutes into the service. It is open during the Saturday night and Sunday morning services, and during select special seasons throughout the year. The Nursery is located in the East Wing of the Northview building on the main floor.
Our nursery features:
- Carefully enforced check-in system (For faster check-in, go to kidcheck.com to set up an account in advance)
- Strict enforcement of volunteer/child ratios is 1:3
- Separate areas for crawlers and walkers, and a quiet room with cribs
- Weekly cleansing and disinfecting of toys
- The most loving and gifted volunteers to care for and love on your littles
Preschool is for children aged 2 – 4. Each week your child will be welcomed by caring and compassionate teachers and helpers. Your child will participate in singing and will hear the Bible story be creatively taught. Then it’s back to the classroom for prayer groups, Bible verse memorization, activity time, and craft. The activities relate directly to the Bible story and allow the teacher to re-tell and reinforce the Bible lesson. Prayer groups will allow your child to be personally prayed for each and every week they come.
We are committed to meeting their needs for love, security, understanding and acceptance in a world that is unstable, competitive and sometimes violent. Our programs are kid-oriented, our teachers, coaches and supervisors are carefully chosen and our curriculum is Biblically sound. It is a privilege to care for your children here. Together as a team, we are growing tomorrow’s leaders. Let’s give them the best. Let’s give them Jesus! After all, they are HIS kids!
The Preschool is located in the East Wing of the Northview building on the main floor. Check-in begins 30 minutes before services start and closes 15 minutes into the service.
For further information contact the Director of Nursery and Preschool Ministries, Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration for classes opens 30 minutes before service. Children in Kindergarten through Grade 5 then gather in Lower Court (located on the basement floor) for a time of worship at the start of each service. Children will then be divided by grade and meet in their own classroom for a time of activities, Bible study and prayer; Grade 5s remain downstairs, and Kindergarteners through Grade 4 go upstairs. Our children are taught the Word of God using Gospel Project.
Here, we seek to sow seeds of faith in our children by teaching God’s Word, modeling godly character and displaying Christ’s Love. Our programs are kid-oriented, our teachers, coaches and supervisors are carefully chosen and our curriculum is Biblically sound. It is a privilege to care for your children here. Together as a team, we are growing tomorrow’s leaders. Let’s give them the best. Let’s give them Jesus! After all, they are HIS kids!
Each week the kids are given a memory verse to memorize. Click HERE for a printable copy of this season’s schedule.
We use the NirV Bible as it is very kid-friendly. This Bible is available for purchase at the Kids Info Desk on the weekends for $25.
Interested in serving in Grade School? To begin the application process, email email@example.com today!
Imagine – Supportive Care
- To provide support to individuals of all abilities and connect them to God’s Word while getting other family members connected to the church community.
- Youth Plus is on Saturday nights and for ages 12 and up. This program provides social engagement and connection to God’s Word in a positive and supportive environment.
- 9am and 11am Sunday services programs are for children aged 2 to Grade 5. Here, we use a structured, play-based model that allows all levels of ability to connect with God’s Word.
- Supportive options for inclusive support in typical classrooms are available.
General Policies & Information
- Full registration is required for participation in Imagine. Northview families who desire to have their child participate are encouraged to contact the Imagine Director to make arrangements for an initial intake.
For further information contact the Director of Special Needs Supportive Care, Hilary Squire at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Children’s Ministry Info
Closure Weekends are Christmas Break, three weeks at the end of June/beginning of July, and two weekends at the end of August/beginning of September. Follow us on facebook at facebook.com/northviewchurchkids for announcements on when these weekends are.
You are beginning a beautiful journey. The Lord has blessed you with a very precious gift and now, you begin the significant journey of raising your child to know, love, and obey the Lord God. You are not alone. At Northview Church, we are committed to helping our parents because we know it is an important job…an overwhelming task! But most of all, it is a calling by God to all parents to love, care for and teach His children, that they may grow to walk with Him all the days of their lives.
Child dedications are held three times a year. All parents must attend a Child Dedication class held by Pastor Dwight Stephen prior to the dedication service.
For more information, including Child Dedication weekend dates and the online application form, please contact email@example.com
KidCheck is our way of ensuring your child’s safety during weekend services. You are able to create a secure account where you can keep your family’s information current, and all updates can be done from your home computer. In addition, you are able to create a list of guardians, provide pertinent medical information about your children, update contact information, and upload photos.
Creating a Free Account:
If you are a regular Northview attender and have yet to make an online account, or if this is your first time visiting Northview, please visit go.kidcheck.com to create a free and secure KidCheck parent account.
- If your child has no allergies or medical issues, please do not enter text of any kind into that field.
- Make sure you add a picture of your child. (This is very important, for security reasons)
- For security reasons we do not link parent accounts together. Each parent is free to create their own account, but if you want your spouse to be able to check your kids out, they will need to be listed as a guardian.
Registering your child’s friend?
If your child is bringing a friend to our Saturday evening or Sunday morning programs, we ask that their parent create a KidCheck account and enter you as a guardian. At Sunday morning check-in, our support team will be able to find that child under “other children you are listed as a guardian for”. Your efforts here are very much appreciated, as it will eliminate any wait that you would have incurred at check-in. For more information or if you have questions about KidCheck, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org