The final earthly words spoken by Jesus, is by far the single most significant speech in human history. This is called the “Great Commission” and sets the parameters of our service to Him.
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age. ~ Matthew 28:18-20
It’s a call for every member of God’s family. We will have other life tasks, but our primary work is to fulfill the Great Commission- in our home, in our personal life, in our neighborhood, in our workplace, in our community, nation and beyond. We have been entrusted to share the Good News of Jesus! This is a privilege each of us shares, as well as a responsibility we must take personally.Micah 6:8 is the driving force behind our commitment to fulfilling the Great Commission. “He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.”
Northview Community Church is committed to:
- Partnering with other ministries in fighting injustice on behalf of those who cannot fight for themselves.
- Bringing hope and healing to those who are in need through mercy ministries.
- Sharing the Good News of Jesus with a world that so desperately needs Him.
We seek to accomplish this through much prayer, effort and strategic partnerships and make a real difference in Abbotsford, Canada and the World! What is God stirring in your heart to do?
Global Missions Weekend
Each year, the Missions Department puts on a Global Missions Weekend to highlight Northview’s missionaries and what God is doing around the world. This is also the opportunity that we have to raise funds for projects that we discern God calling Northview to partner with. This year’s goal is to raise $100,000 for the following:
- $40,000 for the training of pastors/Christian workers at the Changed Life Center (CLC) in Northern Thailand. Workers from Thailand and surrounding area are trained through conferences and training events throughout the year. Many of them travel for days to get the training that they desire so much to have. The CLC is a ministry of MB Missions and Northview has been involved since the very beginning of this project. It is also the home of the Khmu Student Center where young people come to live while continuing their education. Many have come to Christ since moving to the center and are being equipped to serve God in their village churches.
- $25,000 for the Ruth Center in the slums of Bangkok. The Ruth Center consistently brings hope through Jesus to 357 elderly people in 14 communities in Prawet District. Ruth Center staff regularly visit them, giving them basic necessities and sharing the love of Jesus. Caring for the elderly also means lots of practical help, such as construction projects to help fix roofs, sidewalks, bathrooms, floors and other parts of their homes.
One of the goals in working with these communities is to help them care for themselves. The Ruth Center regularly helps the elderly generate an income through the Dream Project, a program where the elderly help to sew and create products which we then sell for them. Northview has worked with the Ruth Center since 2009 when God led the Missions Commission to partner with them. The funds raised pay for rent for the Ruth Center building, pay staff salaries and provide funds for special projects and events.
- $35,000 for a church plant fund. Every month, the Missions Commission gets requests to help church plants with buildings, equipment, special projects and salaries. This fund would give us the ability to say yes to projects discerned and approved by the Senior Leadership Team of Northview under the direction of the Council of Elders.
Alicia Unruh, “My Life Changing Trip to Cambodia”
Jum reap sou! My name is Alicia, and I had the incredible, life changing opportunity to serve in Phnom Penh this past May alongside my team from Canada. This experience truly flipped my life upside-down and also revealed my passion to be apart of ministry in Cambodia one day. We made life lasting memories while in Phnom Penh along with deep friendships with the incredible staff at the Children @ Risk ministry center. I really feel as though I left my heart … read more
On a Northview Missions Team? Here’s your to-do list!
We know it can seem overwhelming at the beginning stages of planning a mission trip. There are lots of details, but don’t worry – you’ll be well-prepared and we are here to help if you have ANY questions!