Mission – Sept 10, 2017
The reality of a “modern family” expects and embraces that which his unconventional. In this day and age, families come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. It’s easy for us to compare the relationships we experience with the lives of those around us, and to the examples we see in pop culture through film and television.
The good news is that God’s Word does not leave us to our own devices to determine how we ought to live in relationship with those around us. God has given us clear answers to many of our relationship questions. What should determine the nature of our relationships with our friends, spouse or children? How should we approach difficult areas within the family, like parenting or divorce? What is the meaning and purpose of marriage? What should we think about singleness?
As a church family we want our relationships to reflect His intentions and design. Over the next several weeks we will look to specific passages in God’s word to seek counsel, direction and renewal.
Mission – Mar 26, 2017 – Colossians 3:21
Mission – Mar 20, 2017 – 1 Corinthians 7:32-38
- How does our Christian culture, in Mission, influence us as we read this passage?
- What is the purpose of singleness according to these verses?
- Do you see marriage AND singleness as God’s gifts for His people to make them more like Jesus?
Mission – Feb 26, 2017 – Ephesians 5:22-33
- What does submission look like (See descriptions of husbands/wives, child/parent, servants/masters)? Does everybody submit to everybody? Why or why not?
- What does our culture think about submission? How has the church been influenced by the culture’s view on these matters?
- What things does Paul point out about how Christ loves the church that husbands should follow
when loving their wives?
Mission – Feb 19, 2017 – Songs of Songs 2:15
- Name some tv shows/movies that present false definitions of romantic love as the ideal for romantic relationships.
- How do we define happiness in our relationships?
- What are some good things that may hinder the blossoming of romance with your Spouse?