Before you can Become a Member
Before you can become a membership candidate there are a few prerequisites:
- Confession of Christ as your personal Saviour and Lord.
- Willingness to submit to the authority of Scripture, and to those placed in positions of spiritual authority.
- Baptism on confession of faith. We will not ask for proof of baptism but those baptized as infants, or before they were able to make an informed decision, will be required to be re-baptized. For more information on our next Baptism Class go to northview.org/mission/baptism.
- Where a person has previously been a member of another church a letter of transfer or similar evidence of good standing will be requested.
- We do not have an age restriction on becoming a member. However, according to our bylaws, you must be 19 years or older to vote at congregational meetings.
If you have any questions or concerns with regard to the above, please contact Jon Mulder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Become a Member?
- Membership gives believers a sense of belonging (Hebrews 10:23-25).
- By becoming a member, you accept responsibility for a group of fellow believers and you yourself become accountable to mature brothers and sisters in Christ (Galatians 6:1-2, 10; Hebrews 13:17).
- Membership keeps us legal. The government recognizes churches if they have a credible membership and organization. Obedience to these laws affirms we are responsible citizens with a desire to serve (1 Timothy 3:2; 1 Peter 2:13-17).
Register for our next Membership Course
When: February 28, March 7 & March 14, 2019 (must attend all three classes)
Please note: You will be required to attend all classes in order to become a Member.
Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
If you’d like to attend the next Membership Class, starting on February 28, please fill out the Membership Class Sign Up Form.
If you want to audit the class without completing an application please fill out This Form.
If you have any questions email email@example.com.
- Register for the course by completing the Membership Application (see Application options above) and/or filling out the registration form. Remember to mark your calendar. Hard copies of the membership application are also available at the church office during work hours and in the welcome center on the weekends.
- Attend the Northview membership course. Our goal is for you, the prospective member, to understand in much more depth the how’s and why’s of our church and for us to have a much better opportunity to know you. If you have to miss a class for any reason, you will be required to make it up the next time classes are run.
- Interviewed by an Elder or Pastor. After you have completed all three classes you will be invited to set up a membership interview with a Northview pastor or elder (engaged or married couples can meet together). Most interviews are held at the church.
- Agreement with Northview’s Statement of Faith, Mission and Core Values. Please read these ahead of time as they will be discussed during the course and you will be asked to sign a copy of our Covenant during your interview.
Being accepted into Membership at Northview is based on ‘membership qualifications’ and by completion of the appropriate membership application.