Why Become a Member?
- Membership gives believers a sense of belonging (Hebrews 10:23-25).
- By becoming a member, you accept responsibility for a group of fellow believers and you yourself become accountable to mature brothers and sisters in Christ (Galatians 6:1-2, 10; Hebrews 13:17).
- Membership keeps us legal. The government recognizes churches if they have a credible membership and organization. Obedience to these laws affirms we are responsible citizens with a desire to serve (1 Timothy 3:2; 1 Peter 2:13-17).
Register for our next Membership Course
If you would like to attend this class or have any questions please email Kelsey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Options (required for membership):
1) Online Application.
2) PDF Application to print off
3) Pick up a copy at the Info Booth or at the class.
(Each individual must complete their own application.)
How Do I Become a Member?
Before you can become a membership candidate there are a few prerequisites:
- Confession of Christ as your personal Saviour and Lord.
- Willingness to submit to the authority of Scripture, and to those placed in positions of spiritual authority.
- Baptism on confession of faith. We will not ask for proof of baptism but those baptized as infants, or before they were able to make an informed decision, will be required to be re-baptized.
- Where a person has previously been a member of another church a letter of transfer or similar evidence of good standing will be requested.
- We do not have an age restriction on becoming a member. However, according to our bylaws, you must be 19 years or older to vote at congregational meetings.
- Register for the course by completing the Membership Application (see “Application Options” above). Remember to mark your calendar. Hard copies of the membership application are also available at the church office during work hours and at the Info Booth on the weekends.
- Attend the Northview membership course. Our goal is for you, the prospective member, to understand in much more depth the how’s and why’s of our church and for us to have a much better opportunity to know you. We encourage you to attend as many of the classes that you can. We are currently filming our classes so if you do miss a class we will send you the video along with a corresponding questionnaire so we can credit you with having “attended” once it is submitted to us.
- Be Interviewed by an Elder or Pastor. Around the time of the last class you will be able to set up a membership interview between you (engaged or married couples can meet together) and either a pastor or an elder here at Northview. Most interviews are held at the church.
- Agreement with Northview’s Statement of Faith, Mission and Core Values. Please read these ahead of time as they will be discussed during the course and you will be asked to sign a copy of our Covenant during your interview.
Being accepted into Membership at Northview is based on ‘membership qualifications’ and by completion of the appropriate membership application. All members will have the opportunity to reaffirm their membership with Northview every two years.
All Official Members of Northview are eligible to have a free copy of the MB Herald mailed to their home. To receive it at home please email me at email@example.com. with your complete name and home address.