Mission – Sept 10, 2017
Money is something that we all need and all use. It is central to our living. But in a culture obsessed with bigger and better, our use of money can subtly turn into a love of money.
Jesus repeatedly warns his disciples about the dangers of loving money. Put simply, money can draw our hearts away from God, the One who is worthy of all our love.
“What you do with your money” is not often a topic that comes up in polite conversation. As a church, however, we are not called to polite conversation, but rather to live in light of God’s revealed word. And God’s word has a lot to say about how we view and use our money.
Six years ago we did a sermon series called “Bling”. We are re-engaging in this challenging topic again because its relevance has not faded. It may be counter-cultural, but it is urgently necessary to study the Scriptures and have our hearts, thoughts, actions, and bank accounts reflect our love for our priceless God.
Interested in going deeper with Money and the Bible. Check out these resources hand picked by the Pastors.
Mission – Feb 12, 2017 – 1 Timothy 6:17-19
- Why does it feel natural to depend on ourselves?
- What parts of the life and work of Jesus encourage you grow in humility?
- How can you tangibly give glory to God for the material things in your life – what does that look like?
- In what way did Jesus give of himself for you?
Mission – Jan 29, 2017 – Luke 19:1-10
- How has Jesus encountered you unexpectedly?
- What kind of company do you think would cause your friends and family to murmur like the crowds did when they saw Jesus spend time with Zacchaeus?
- Would your bank statement demonstrate an uncommon response to the grace Jesus has shown you?
January 15, 2017 – Phillippians 4:13
Mission – Jan 8, 2017 – Proverbs 30:7-9