Mission – May 20, Jude 24-25
- Have you ever doubted the assurance of your salvation? Why?
- When this verse tells us that God is able, the greek word for “able” is dunamai, which also means “power”…it’s where we get the english word “dynamite” from. Based on this knowledge, and that God has adopted believers in Christ as His children (Gal. 4:4-7), does that give you confidence that he will keep you from falling away? Why or why not?
- Read through Ephesians 1:13-14 together. What is the Holy Spirit given to us as? Is that a comfort to you? Why or why not?
Mission – May 13, Jude 20-23
- What do you think about Andy’s definition of faith?
- What are some things that you are doing to build/secure your faith?
- What are some questions about the faith that you have or have had? If you have resolved questions about your faith how did you work through those?
Mission – May 6, Jude 14-19
- In what ways do false teachers grumble against the Word of God?
- How should we respond when we see Bible teachers justifying their sin or refusing to acknowledge that how they live is sinful?
- Why would Jude need to remind his readers about the future of false teachers?
Mission – April 22, Jude 5-13
- In these three verses, Jude highlights three scenarios from biblical history to support what he says in verse 4 … “who long ago were designated for this condemnation.”
Consider each scenario:
- Read verse 5. How did God deal with unbelieving Israel in the wilderness? (See Numbers 14:26-35; Deuteronomy 1:26-36)
- Read verse 6. How did God deal with rebellious angels? (See Genesis 6:1-4; 2 Peter 2:4)
- Read verse 7. How did God deal with Sodom and Gomorrah? (See Genesis 19:1-29)