Mission – Dec 10, Luke 1:67-79
Abbotsford – Dec 10, Luke 1:67-79
- When you read Zechariah’s story in Luke 1, why do you think God made him mute? What did he do wrong?
- Have you ever been in a situation where you feel like God has been trying to teach you an important lesson? What was the lesson? How did you learn it in the end? Are you thankful now that he taught it to you? Why or why not?
Mission – Dec 3, Luke 1:46-55
Abbotsford – Dec 2, Luke 1:46-55
- Why do you think Mary and Zechariah are compared in Luke 1? What is Luke trying to highlight in each of them through the comparison?
- What would it have cost Mary to have welcomed the plan of God for her life described by the angel in Luke 1:35-37? What reasons would she have had to reject or despise God’s plan for her life?
- Describe a situation where your plan for your life went sideways and you were thrust into trusting God’s plans instead. How did you feel about it? What questions did you ask about God in that situation? Looking back on that situation, do you have a different perspective now than you did at the time it was happening to you?
Mission – Nov 26, Romans 8:31-39
Mission – Nov 19, Romans 8:28-30
- What are some misrepresentations of Jesus that you have seen in our culture? Do they make him look like the sovereign king or something less?
- Read 8:28. What is your first thought about this verse? Does it make you rejoice or are you skeptical? Why?
- How are you able to say that you KNOW that God works all things for the good of those who love him?
Abbotsford – Nov 19, Romans 8:28-30
- Read Romans 8:18-31.
- According to this passage, what is the glory that is coming?
- Have you ever considered that your salvation is certain because of the Lord’s work? Why or why not?
- How would you describe the character of God? In light of this, do you find comfort in God’s character? How does this inform your understanding of God’s work in your salvation?
Mission – Nov 12, Romans 8:18-27
- How does our hope change our perspective on suffering?
- How does suffering with God change your perspective?
- Does the length of suffering vs. the greatness of joy affect your perspective on your own sufferings?
Abbotsford – Nov 12, Romans 8:18-27
- What comes to mind when you think of suffering?
- How have you experienced suffering in your life? Past or present?
- Read Genesis 1:26-30. This passage describes God’s original call on humanity to rule over all aspects of creation. Being made in the image of God means being rulers over all areas of life (arts, agriculture, academics, etc). What areas of life are you looking forward to experiencing in the fullness of resurrected life, and why?
- How does knowing what lies ahead change how you approach suffering?