Mission – Joel 2:28-32
Mission – June 24, Joel 2:18-27
Mission – June 17, Joel 2:12-17
Mission – June 10, Joel 2:1-12
- “The Day of the Lord” is a major theme in the book of Joel and he declares 3 times that the Day of the Lord is “near.” (Read Joel 1:15; 2:1; 3:14)
- What is the Day of the Lord? Read Isaiah 13:6-13; Ezekiel 30:1-3; Amos 5:18-20; Zephaniah 1:14-18.
- How would you describe the Day of the Lord?
- What does the New Testament say about the Day of the Lord? Read Matthew 24:29-31; Acts 2:20; 1 Thessalonians 5:2; 2 Peter 3:10.
Abbotsford/Mission – June 3, Joel 1:13-20
Video Shown before Message: https://youtu.be/6bx5JUGVahk
- Why do we struggle to admit when we are wrong?
- What kinds of tactics do we use to avoid admitting our part to play in the messes in which we have found ourselves?
- What are the worst kinds of apologies you have heard?
Mission – May 27, Joel 1:1-14
- Have you ever witnessed the aftermath of a destructive force? What response did you have to the devastation?
- What kind of response would you have if you experienced the kind of loss that Joel talks about?
- Why does God bring judgement against his own people?
Mission – May 20, Jude 24-25
- Have you ever doubted the assurance of your salvation? Why?
- When this verse tells us that God is able, the greek word for “able” is dunamai, which also means “power”…it’s where we get the english word “dynamite” from. Based on this knowledge, and that God has adopted believers in Christ as His children (Gal. 4:4-7), does that give you confidence that he will keep you from falling away? Why or why not?
- Read through Ephesians 1:13-14 together. What is the Holy Spirit given to us as? Is that a comfort to you? Why or why not?
Mission – May 13, Jude 20-23
- What do you think about Andy’s definition of faith?
- What are some things that you are doing to build/secure your faith?
- What are some questions about the faith that you have or have had? If you have resolved questions about your faith how did you work through those?
Mission – May 6, Jude 14-19
- In what ways do false teachers grumble against the Word of God?
- How should we respond when we see Bible teachers justifying their sin or refusing to acknowledge that how they live is sinful?
- Why would Jude need to remind his readers about the future of false teachers?