Abbotsford – Oct 15, Romans 7:7-12
- Read Genesis 3:8-12. Who does Adam blame for his sin? Why?
- Why do you think Paul raises the question in Romans 7:7? Why would someone conclude from what Paul has just written that God’s Law was a bad thing?
- Read Romans 7:7-8. Can you recall any experiences you have had where you were given a rule to follow (or gave a rule for others to follow) and the presence of the rule made you want to break that very rule? Why does this happen to us?
Abbotsford – Oct 8, Romans 7:1-6
- Should Christians desire to meet the requirements of the law? Why or why not?
- Regarding our belonging to Jesus, why is it significant that he has been raised from the dead? In what ways does his resurrection provide us hope?
- What is the result of our belonging to Jesus?
Abbotsford – Oct 1, Romans 6:15-23
- Can you give some examples of yourself or others who have understood following Jesus as being “free in Christ” to live however you please?
- In what ways do we struggle with the idea that we are slaves to sin or slaves to God? Why do we largely consider ourselves as “neutrals”?
- Why is it so hard to obey God? Does knowing that you are his slave help or hurt your obedience to him?
Abbotsford – September 24, Romans 6:1-14
- How do you feel when you witness Christians whose lives don’t match their professions of belief?
- How do you respond to W.H. Auden’s famous line, “I like to sin. God likes to forgive. Really the world is admirably arranged.”?
- Why is it important for us to understand that we have died with Jesus? Why is it important for us to understand that we will rise again with Jesus?
- What strategies do you employ to resist temptation to sin? Which work and which don’t?
Abbotsford – September 17, Romans 5:12-19
- Do you think that people are born morally good or morally bad? What evidence do you have for your view?
- What is the core problem with the world?
- If Jesus offers his righteousness as a gift, why do we still feel like we need to earn it?
Abbotsford – September 10, Romans 5:1-11
- Do you think those who are not currently believers in Jesus are in some way at war with God? In what ways?
- Is peace with God an emotion we are supposed to feel? What should we do if we don’t feel it?
- What is the normal way we handle suffering? What would we have to do if we were to “boast” in our suffering?
- Do you think it’s common for Christians to be in fear that God will abandon them because of their moral weakness? How would you counsel someone with that fear?
Type of Group: Bible Study
Day Of The Week: Various
Looking to get connected? Young Adult Community Groups are a great place to start! Community Groups are between 10-20 people and meet twice a month. A typical night includes prayer and study.
Abbotsford – August 27, 2017 2 Peter 2:1-3
Abbotsford – August 20, 2017 Ephesians 6:10-12