Have you been considering baptism but not sure what it means?
What is Baptism?
Baptism is an outward symbol of an internal reality. Jesus commanded that his followers be baptized (Matthew 28:19). Baptism is closely linked with belief in the New Testament, and therefore happens at the beginning of someone’s journey as a disciple of Jesus (Acts 2:38-41), and is therefore considered a symbol of initiation into a life of following Jesus with other followers of Jesus. Baptism is an outward symbol of the internal reality that comes with our belief in the gospel – namely that we are united with Christ and enjoy all the benefits that come therein (Romans 6:1-11).
Who Should Be Baptized?
- Those who have accepted Christ as their personal Saviour and Lord.
- Those seeking membership with Northview are required to be baptized as a believer, even if they were baptized as an infant. Our next Membership Class starts the week after the Baptism Class. For information and registration go to northview.org/membership
At Northview Community Church we wait until our children are old enough to believe and understand the true meaning of baptism before we baptize them.
Why Should I Be Baptized?
- Believe and baptize are very closely linked. (Acts 2:40-41; 8:36-40; 10:48; 16:15; 16:33).
- Jesus showed by example that we are to be baptized by being baptized himself (Matthew 3:13-17).
- Baptism is understood to fulfill, in part, the command of Jesus to confess him before humanity (Matthew 10:32).
- Baptism not only signifies resurrection to a new life in Christ, but it is also a public commitment to walk in Christ’s way. Baptism means we now belong to Christ.
To read more about baptism:
Baptism Classes and Signup
If you would like more information on baptism or would like to participate in the next service, then baptism class is the next step! It’s a great opportunity to ask questions, learn more about the history of baptism and what it means personally to take this step.
June 24 at Hatzic Lake (Camp Luther)
If you’re interested in getting baptized June 24 at Camp Luther sign up for our next baptism class.
When: Thursday, May 17th. 7:00pm – 8:30pm
All interested parties are welcome to attend the class.
If you just want to audit the class without completing an application.
Baptism Questionnaire Options:
(Required before you can proceed to the interview.)
Register for the class and complete the online questionnaire.
Register and Complete Questionnaire
- CLICK HERE to print off a paper baptism questionnaire. You can then complete it and drop it off at the church.
- Pick up a copy at the Info Booth or at the class.
Each individual must complete their own application.
If you have any questions email Janice at email@example.com.
See below for videos of recent baptism services.
Northview Community Church – February 24, 2018