Have you been considering baptism but not sure what it means?
What is Baptism?
Baptism is an outward symbol of an internal reality. Jesus commanded that his followers be baptized (Matthew 28:19). Baptism is closely linked with belief in the New Testament, and therefore happens at the beginning of someone’s journey as a disciple of Jesus (Acts 2:38-41), and is therefore considered a symbol of initiation into a life of following Jesus with other followers of Jesus. Baptism is an outward symbol of the internal reality that comes with our belief in the gospel – namely that we are united with Christ and enjoy all the benefits that come therein (Romans 6:1-11).
Who Should Be Baptized?
- Those who have accepted Christ as their personal Saviour and Lord.
- Those seeking membership with Northview are required to be baptized as a believer, even if they were baptized as an infant. Our next Membership Class starts the week after the Baptism Class. For information and registration go to northview.org/membership
At Northview Community Church we wait until our children are old enough to believe and understand the true meaning of baptism before we baptize them.
Why Should I Be Baptized?
- Believe and baptize are very closely linked. (Acts 2:40-41; 8:36-40; 10:48; 16:15; 16:33).
- Jesus showed by example that we are to be baptized by being baptized himself (Matthew 3:13-17).
- Baptism is understood to fulfill, in part, the command of Jesus to confess him before humanity (Matthew 10:32).
- Baptism not only signifies resurrection to a new life in Christ, but it is also a public commitment to walk in Christ’s way. Baptism means we now belong to Christ.
To read more about baptism:
Next Baptism Class
When: Wednesday, May 1, 2019 – 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Where: West Court
Next Baptism Service
When: Sunday, June 23, 2019 – time TBD
Where: Hatzic Lake
Register for Class
To audit the class without completing a Questionnaire click here so we know you’re coming.
To register for our next Baptism Class fill out and submit to the Community Department a Baptism Questionnaire by choosing one of the options below:
3) Pick up a copy at the Info Booth
Please note: You are only considered registered for the class once your Questionnaire has been submitted to the Community Department. Each individual must complete their own application.
If you have any questions email Carrie at email@example.com.
See below for videos of recent baptism services.
Northview Community Church – February 24, 2018